FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the best time of year to get married in Greece?
You can get married all year round but the most popular months for Greece are May, June, September and early October as they are cooler than July-August and not as busy.
- How far in advance do we need to book our wedding?
Since the film Mama Mia! was released a few years ago, getting married on Skiathos island became very popular. Naturally some of our wedding venues are more popular than others and get booked up more than a year in advance so it is always best to book your preferred date as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. It’s still easier than booking a wedding in the U.K., so even if you try booking last minute, your odds are pretty good of finding a beautiful venue available.
- What arrangements can be made for couples that want to have an intimate wedding and don’t wish to bring any additional guests?
We can arrange two witnesses for the wedding ceremony free of charge.
- Can you book flights for us also?
We can book flights for you, for an additional fee. If you need help booking flights to Skiathos, check out our “Getting to Skiathos” page on our website.
- Do you arrange Blessings or Renewal of Vows ceremonies?
We do arrange both ceremonies for Blessings and for the Renewal of Vows. Many people like to surprise their spouses by renewing there vows abroad in a relaxed atmosphere next to the sea. Blessings are also performed, allowing you and your partner to make a life promise to each other that is not legally binding, yet in no way less special than a legal wedding.
- Can we have a Catholic wedding on Skiathos island?
Larger islands in Greece, like Rhodes and Crete have a large Catholic community and therefore have Catholic churches. Unfortunately there’s no Catholic church on the island, therefore we can’t arrange a Catholic wedding service.
- What’s the best way to transport my wedding dress to Greece safely?
Some airlines provide assistance for transporting your wedding dress, but not all of them. If the airline your traveling with can’t help you, we recommend you use a specially designed box for the safe transportation of your wedding dress. A number of companies provide this service, can easily be found online and can provide you with a number of size options.
- Can we select another location for our wedding ceremony (e.g.on a beach, in a garden, on a sailing boat)?
Contact us with your request and we will arrange almost any location for your dream wedding to be realized.